School Council responsibilities
The School Council has particular functions in setting and monitoring the school’s direction.
School Councils have three main responsibilities:
- Finance: overseeing the development of the school’s annual budget and ensuring proper records are kept of the school’s financial operation.
- Strategic planning: participating in the development and monitoring of the school strategic plan.
- Policy development and review: developing, reviewing and updating policies that reflect a school’s values and support the school’s broad direction outlined in its strategic plan.
Elections for school council are held annually in March.
Jo Hocking President
Lisa Begbie Vice President
A rewarding and challenging experience
School Councils play a key role in Victorian government schools.
Participating as a School Council member is a rewarding and challenging experience. The School Council supports the Principal to provide optimal outcomes for students.
The Mount Clear College Council consists of elected parent representatives, elected Department of Education and Training (DET) employees, the Principal and co-opted community members.
Our College Council complies with the Order of the Minister for Education, which specifies:
- size and configuration;
- objectives and powers;
- functions and accountabilities; and
- role of the executive officer who is the Principal.